My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.karidawsonphotography.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pieces of Me Tuesday Part V


I was only 17 when I got pregnant with our first child so donating my time and God-given talents for a crisis pregnancy center was an opportunity I couldn't refuse. I was contacted by the mother of a close friend of ours who is on the planning committee for The Crossroads Crisis Pregnancy Center Walk for Life. She didn't give me a chance to say "yes" or "no" and went straight into all the details. I allowed her to finish and then told her "you had me at crisis pregnancy center, what ever it is, yes."
The Crossroads Crisis Pregnancy Center is hosting their annual Walk for Life on Saturday, September 2o, 2008 and they were in need of a photographer for the event. I volunteered, they accepted, and I'm just giddy about it. I later learned that they were in need of prizes for the top men and woman who bring in the highest level of pledges. So I'm also donating a free one-hour session and a $50 print credit. It feels so good to volunteer for an organization that does so much for woman at such an overwhelming and vulnerable time in their lives, especially for an unplanned pregnancy. To give is definitely better than to receive and this cause is very close to my heart.
This annual walk is the biggest fund-raising event for the center and most of the funds required to sustain the center for the year are earned at this event. If you live in the Detroit Metro Area you can still register and participate in the walk. Click here to visit their Web site and contact the center for details. If you are local but unable to participate in the walk or would rather make a donation or if you are not local and would like to donate click here. Further, the center has a "wish list" of items that can be purchased and dropped off or mailed in. Those items are:
Diapers, size newborn-size 5
wipes
Enfamil formula
DVD player
The address, if you would like to mail in a gift of money or a purchase from the "wish list," is:
3205 E. South Blvd.
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
I'll be sure to post a few shots from the event in September.

No comments: